pure; perfect; faultless
congenial
reciprocal
impeccable
discursive

Opinions about prison system

It is unnecessary to be courteous to anybody? | hello .. can anyone please check essay :)
Opinions about prison system #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 11, 2010 17:14 pm   Opinions about prison system

Good evening! Kitosdad~How about my punctuation this time? I realised I misunderstood u the last two times . Aha^v^ thanks!

Should criminals be punished with lengthy jail terms or be re-educated and rehabilitated using, for instance, community service programmes, before being reintroduced to society
Present a written case or argument to an educated non-specialist audience on the above topic.

As soon as the first society of human beings formed, a system of punishiment was introduced by our ancestors to make the society run smoothy and put our civilisation forward.

However, when an exact method is to be firgured out, an agreement is really demanding to be made. Compared to simply put criminals into jails for a long time. Some people are prone to re-education or rehabilitated using prior to allow them to be released back to the society again.

In fact, before criminals were first punished by being put into prisons for a relatively fixed time in terms of the degree of their crimes, they were treated extremely cruelly or even tortured to death. Therefore, we can conclude that as the history goes, the sentencing policy should be worked out as a more humanist and personalised one. So, I believe that new ideas like the two listed here are more likely to fulfil the initial and basic purpose of setting up prison system.

From my perspective, criminals could be punished by different methods, rather than merely by the diferent length of time when they are isolated. For example, youngster blamed for juvenile delinquency tend to alter their mind or attitude towards the society through re-education, while for adult criminals, in whose mind many conceptions have been imbedded profoundly, it take much more time to shift to anther mode with new senses and values. In addition to that, gender difference should aslo be considered on request.

Overall, based on the respect for criminals, as well as the society itself, diversity of punishments should be applied to ensure that it is beneficial to re-accept these people who ever lost their way.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is Carlos Finlay significant?
He Yuxiao

Location: Beijing

Re: Opinions about prison system #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 11, 2010 18:49 pm   Re: Opinions about prison system

He Yuxiao wrote:

As soon as the first society of human beings formed, a system of punishment was introduced by our ancestors to make the society run smoothly and put our civilisation forward.

However, when an exact method is to be figured out, reaching an acceptable agreement is really demanding, compared to simply putting criminals into jails for a long time. Some people are in agreement to their being re-educated or rehabilitated prior to allowing them to be released back into society again.

In fact, before criminals were first punished by being put into prisons for a fixed time in terms of the degree of their crimes, they were treated extremely cruelly, or even tortured to death. Therefore, we can conclude that as the history goes, the sentencing policy should be worked out as a more humanist and personalised one. I believe that new ideas like the two listed here are more likely to fulfil the initial and basic purpose of setting up a new prison system.

From my perspective, criminals could be punished by different methods, rather than merely by the different length of time being isolated. For example, youngsters blamed for juvenile delinquency tend to alter their minds or attitudes towards society through re-education, while for adult criminals, in whose mind many conceptions have been profoundly embedded, it take much more time to shift to another mode with new senses and values. In addition to that, gender difference should also be considered.

Overall, based on the respect for criminals, as well as society itself, diversity of punishments should be applied to ensure that it is beneficial to re-accept these people who have lost their way.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This was a very good essay He Yuxiao, especially with your newly-discovered punctuation. A pleasure to read.

Kitos. 8.5/10

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Re: Opinions about prison system #3 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:10 am   Re: Opinions about prison system

I've really learnt a lot, thank u!
He Yuxiao

Location: Beijing

How do movies and TV influence peopleA teacher's ability to relate well with students is more important than...I took the exam today :DSome people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid changePeople should buy things made in their own countryHow to deal with stressIt is generally accepted that smoking causes the deaths of large numbers of peoplwether we should encourage advertisements' developmentNeed suggestion on my essay- Face to face communication or letter, chattingAdvice to new members.Should we listen to famous people's opinion?In order to be well-informed,a person must get information from many differentIt was easier to be a success in the past than today.