with abusive condemnation; with harsh denunciation
vituperative
dissolute
bellicose
fervid

Should parents allow children use the computer? Article

It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for | Television advertisements directed toward young children should not be allowed
Should parents allow children use the computer? Article #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:02 am   Should parents allow children use the computer? Article

Should parents allow children use the computer?

Nowadays, technology devices have become more part of the daily family routine and computers doesn’t escape to this reality. Frequently, parents allow children over use it without thinking in all the consequences it brings.

Unfortunately, computers are used all too often in ways that are risk for the children health, one of them is a sedentary life. Following a sedentary lifestyle can cause in kids obese and overweight, even diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It is important a moderate to high level of fitness to reduce these health problems.

Furthermore, Pornography is a very serious issue concerning the internet and the majority of the computers have access to this resource. There are thousands of pornographic sites on the internet that can be easily found and can be a dangerous factor in the appropriate mental development. A part from this, pornography is linked to violence sites. In the last 5 years, we can note how much violent problems increase at school.

Another issue concerning computer use is that children are at their own screens, they are at their own little world, and the only interaction is with the computer. This can cause many difficulties in relating to other people, and consequently produce depression, anxiety and backwardness.

To sum it all up, computers lacks of educational purposes due to the abuse of this tool. The children’s health may be affected by long term use of the computers, and probably the most frightening one is that these children can be exposed to child predators and unfiltered inappropriate content through the web.

by Irupe Gonzalez

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on Animal Behavior by a professor of Biology
Natybrisa

Location: Argentina

Re: Should parents allow children use the computer? Article #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:32 am   Re: Should parents allow children use the computer? Article

Natybrisa wrote:

Nowadays, technological devices have become more part of the daily family routine and computers doesn’t escape this reality. Frequently, parents allow children to over-use them without thinking of all the consequences they bring.

Unfortunately, computers are used all too often in ways that are a risk to the children's health, one of them is their leading a sedentary life. Following a sedentary lifestyle can cause children to become obese and overweight, even to diabetes and cardiovascular disease. It is important tomaintain a moderate to high level of fitness to reduce these health problems.

Furthermore, pornography is a very serious issue concerning the Internet, and the vast majority of computers have access to this resource. There are thousands of pornographic sites on the Internet that can be easily found and can be a dangerous factor in the appropriate mental development of children. (Apart) from this, pornography is linked to violent sites. In the last 5 years, we can note just how much violent problems have increased in schools.

Another issue concerning computer use is that whilst children are at their own screens, they are in their own little world, and their only interaction is with the computer. This can cause many difficulties in relating to other people, and consequently produce depression, anxiety and backwardness.

To sum it all up, computers lack educational purposes due to the abuse of this tool. The children’s health may be affected by long term use of them, and probably the most disturbing concern is that these children can be exposed to child predators and unfiltered inappropriate content through the web.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A very good essay Irupe. Please note the changes.

Kitos. 8.5/10

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Should parents allow children use the computer? Article #3 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 15:44 pm   Should parents allow children use the computer? Article

thanks....you helped me a lot...
Natybrisa

Location: Argentina

men are better drivers than women.Our responsibility to save endangered speciesThe best way to learn about a foreign country is reading newspaper and magazines.only the movie teach us something about real life worth watching?Many people have changed from a mainly meat - based diet to a vegetarian one in rSome people think that the traffic and environmental problems in cities can be soAdvertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits?How do movies and TV influence peopleA teacher's ability to relate well with students is more important than...OMG! listening of my exam todayWHAT ARE THE CHARATERISTICS OF A GOOD WIFE?I took the exam today :DSome people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid change