affectedly or falsely modest or prim; serious; calm; shy
supine
demure
circumspect
irksome

Television advertisements directed toward young children should not be allowed

Should parents allow children use the computer? Article | Some people think that the traffic and environmental problems in cities can be so
Television advertisements directed toward young children should not be allowed #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 15:39 pm   Television advertisements directed toward young children should not be allowed

please check my essay. I think my point is not very strong. Thanks so much!

The modern world is a commercial world, and advertisements are a common thing in this world. However, I still believe that advertisements should not be directed toward young children for young children can always be easily misled by the advertisements, which can in turn bring additional expenditure on their parents.

First, young people have not yet formed their own judgment, which means the advertisements may distort young people's values toward the outside world. They cannot quite reasonably tell what is true and what is false while a main feature of advertisements is to exaggerate the effects of the products. For instance, my two-year-old younger brother was so fascinated by the toys in the advertisements and he believes once he obtained the toys he himself can have magic power to fly and fight while this is ridiculous in fact. It is really a pity that the values of young children are so easily distorted by the advertisements, so I think that the advertisements directed towards young children are somewhat not suitable for their growth.

In addition, children misled by the advertisements may in turn add additional burden on their parents. If the children are attracted by the toys or some other things in the advertisements, they are most likely to require their parents to buy these things for them. However, are these toys really needed for them? They may actually possess a number of similar toys in their shelf. Does it make sense to buy these similar toys? I feel so sorry that children at such a young age are used by producers to make profits, so it is better to prohibit the advertisements on young children.

In the final analysis, I believe we should create a relatively quiet and clean environment for the young children to grow outside this commercial world and help the families to bring up their children more easily. Therefore, I think that television advertisements directed toward young children should not be allowed.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of History
Tammyruan

Television advertisements directed toward young children should not be allowed #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 15:59 pm   Television advertisements directed toward young children should not be allowed

http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic69555.html#advice_to_new_members please here friend!

Richard-Kitos'henchman team ;)
_________________
I'll be back. I'll miss you guys so much... See you soon...
NguyenTrg

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
men are better drivers than women.Our responsibility to save endangered speciesThe best way to learn about a foreign country is reading newspaper and magazines.only the movie teach us something about real life worth watching?Many people have changed from a mainly meat - based diet to a vegetarian one in rAdvertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits?How do movies and TV influence peopleOMG! listening of my exam todayWHAT ARE THE CHARATERISTICS OF A GOOD WIFE?I took the exam today :DSome people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid changePlaying computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to do sAdvice to new members.