obedient; submissive; obliging; yielding; acquiescent
tense
blanket
flawless
compliant

cashed in his chips

meaning of sentence: I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too... | pluralise an adjective
cashed in his chips #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 23:15 pm   cashed in his chips

Everyone told him that the stock market would crash soon and that he should sell his stock. Now it had crashed, and he was broke. He should have cashed in his ......... last week.

(a) hand
(b) paper
(c) position
(d) chips

Everyone told him that the stock market would crash soon and that he should sell his stock. Now it had crashed, and he was broke. He should have cashed in his chips last week.

Correct answer: (d) chips
_________________________

Now it had crashed, and he was broke. He should have cashed in his chips last week.
In the first sentence is mentioned the stock market/stock exchange so the chips can be his stock or his shares.Am I right?
_________________

cashed in his chips #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 23:51 pm   cashed in his chips

yes.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
all fun and gamesstand in front of mewatch the tide come inI would like to mentionWhat is the meaning of "corn ball at work"?His tumultuous journeys include....have a cast iron stomachWhat does to cast doubt mean?carry the canHe's like a canary in a coal mine...can't hold a candle togarbage, trash, waste and rubbish.He speaks Spanish.