display; layout; clothing; menu
sound
attention
array
improvement

His tumultuous journeys include....

What does to cast doubt mean? | What is the meaning of "corn ball at work"?
His tumultuous journeys include.... #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 13, 2010 18:39 pm   His tumultuous journeys include....

ESL/EFL Test #845 "Robinson Crusoe", question 3

His ......... journeys include two shipwrecks and isolation on an island. Crusoe takes supplies, broken wood, rope, and guns from the ship before it sinks.

(a) tumultuous
(b) troubled
(c) turbulent
(d) tornado

ESL/EFL Test #845 "Robinson Crusoe", answer 3

His tumultuous journeys include two shipwrecks and isolation on an island. Crusoe takes supplies, broken wood, rope, and guns from the ship before it sinks.

Correct answer: (a) tumultuous
_________________________

what is the theme of this story
Lilysb

His tumultuous journeys include.... #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 13, 2010 19:20 pm   His tumultuous journeys include....

Readers of Robinson Crusoe will find themselves confronted with several major thematic questions, including but not limited to:

What is the role of Providence in human life?
Do human beings shape their own destinies, as Crusoe seems to do through much of the narrative, or are we primarily acted upon, as Crusoe also is?

What does it mean to be civilized?
Crusoe entertains many fears throughout the narrative regarding the "savages," whom he regards (in the main-exceptions can be found, but they tend only to prove the rule) as "sub-Humane."

Does humanity belong in Paradise?
Crusoe is depicted, time after time, as another Adam in a primordial garden: exercising dominion over the local wild animals, for instance, and tilling the soil to make a living for himself.

More here:
http://www.novelguide.com/RobinsonCrusoe/themeanalysis.html
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
compensation package.skim over the written detailsall fun and gamesa game two can play,stand in front of mewatch the tide come inI would like to mentionhave a cast iron stomachcashed in his chipscarry the canHe's like a canary in a coal mine...can't hold a candle togarbage, trash, waste and rubbish.