still; fixed in place; static; settled; tending to stay in one place
routine
extraordinary
unauthorized
stationary

I would like to mention

He's like a canary in a coal mine... | watch the tide come in
I would like to mention #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 14, 2010 14:15 pm   I would like to mention

ESL/EFL Test #263 "Gerund and Infinitive Practice (2)", question 8

I would like ......... Mr. Smith because he is the reason we are all here today.

(a) mention
(b) to mention
(c) mentioning
(d) mentioned

ESL/EFL Test #263 "Gerund and Infinitive Practice (2)", answer 8

I would like to mention Mr. Smith because he is the reason we are all here today.

Correct answer: (b) to mention

I would like mentioning Mr. Smith because he is the reason we are all here today.
_________________________

why is answer so?

nijat
Nijats

I would like to mention #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 14, 2010 14:32 pm   I would like to mention

'Like' + to + verb indicates a desire or intention, which is what is meant in this sentence. 'Like' + -ing verb form indicates a pleasurable experience.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
a major black eyecompensation package.skim over the written detailsFind the mistakes and correct them.all fun and gamesa game two can play,stand in front of meWhat is the meaning of "corn ball at work"?His tumultuous journeys include....have a cast iron stomachWhat does to cast doubt mean?cashed in his chipscarry the can