to compare in a critical manner; to verify; to collect; to compile
propose
collate
match
concrete

a game two can play,

all fun and games | skim over the written details
a game two can play, #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 15, 2010 13:47 pm   a game two can play,

"Tina spread a nasty rumor about me at work. That is OK. Spreading rumors is a game two can .........," Marcie said to Jillian.

(a) stop
(b) fight
(c) compete
(d) play

"Tina spread a nasty rumor about me at work. That is OK. Spreading rumors is a game two can play," Marcie said to Jillian.

Correct answer: (d) play
_________________________

WHICH OF THE FOUR CHOICES IS THE ANSWER? I REALLY MIX THEM UP. AND PLEASE EXPLAIN
English Learner

a game two can play, #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 15, 2010 18:31 pm   a game two can play,

The right answer is always displayed when you click 'check my scores'. You have included it in your message above. Please read the section just above the line.

A game that two can play is an idiom. You cannot find the meaning by defining the words individually.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
chop and changestringent mathematical equations.getting paid chump changeThey really broke upa major black eyecompensation package.Find the mistakes and correct them.stand in front of mewatch the tide come inI would like to mentionWhat is the meaning of "corn ball at work"?His tumultuous journeys include....have a cast iron stomach