Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

fog; mist; obscurity; vagueness
haze
tenant
edge
occupation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

curry favor vs. carry favor

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Use of the preposition 'off' | cut off my nose to spite my face means to make things worse
listening exercises
curry favor vs. carry favor #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 28, 2010 17:32 pm   curry favor vs. carry favor

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #328 "English Slang Idioms (49)", question 1

He was trying to curry ......... with his boss by being the first one in the office every day.

(a) chicken
(b) load
(c) favor
(d) comb

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #328 "English Slang Idioms (49)", answer 1

He was trying to curry favor with his boss by being the first one in the office every day.

Correct answer: (c) favor

I found this :He was trying to carry favour with sy...=try to gain sy's flavour by flattery

Use of the preposition 'off' | cut off my nose to spite my face means to make things worse
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
cut above means betterIt doesn't cut the mustard....You really cut the Gordian knot...= you are really solved the problemcut some me some slack means leave me alone...cut your deadline pretty fineWhat does to cut corners mean?cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinionHe can cut a rug means he is very good at dancing.What does thy mean?This room stinks!a slowly moving propellerIs my sentence correct?crying his eyes out