geometric figure having four equal sides; plaza
consultant
square
increase
attendance

cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinion

cut above means better | What does to cut corners mean?
cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinion #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 28, 2010 17:37 pm   cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinion

For Jim, the issue was pretty cut and .........: "Cooking the books is stealing, no matter how you put it".

(a) pasted
(b) taped
(c) run
(d) dried

For Jim, the issue was pretty cut and dried: "Cooking the books is stealing, no matter how you put it".

Correct answer: (d) dried
_________________________

For Jim, the issue was pretty and dried. = if sth cut and dried means is decided and planned in advance.
Does it mean?
_________________

cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinion #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 28, 2010 17:54 pm   cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinion

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinion #3 (permalink) Tue Dec 28, 2010 19:05 pm   cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinion

Hello Bz,
Thanks that you corrected my answers.

This 4.question would be better if I say we use it when we prepare everything in advance. and everything has been decided predictably.
Kati
_________________

accounting for this lossAn error in validityhis day in the suncutting edge technologygoing for walksNet payIt doesn't cut the mustard....You really cut the Gordian knot...= you are really solved the problemcut some me some slack means leave me alone...cut off my nose to spite my face means to make things worsecut your deadline pretty fineHe can cut a rug means he is very good at dancing.curry favor vs. carry favor