Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

regular; common
complete
unique
ordinary
clear
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

cut your deadline pretty fine

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
cut some me some slack means leave me alone... | You really cut the Gordian knot...= you are really solved the problem
listening exercises
cut your deadline pretty fine #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 28, 2010 17:41 pm   cut your deadline pretty fine

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #328 "English Slang Idioms (49)", question 6

"Wow, Jim, you'd better start working on your articles sooner. You cut your deadline pretty ......... this week," Emma said.

(a) fine
(b) dry
(c) deep
(d) fair

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #328 "English Slang Idioms (49)", answer 6

"Wow, Jim, you'd better start working on your articles sooner. You cut your deadline pretty fine this week," Emma said.

Correct answer: (a) fine

...cut it fine...cut things fine... does it mean : to leave oneself only the minimum amount esp. of time.

cut your deadline pretty fine #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 28, 2010 17:52 pm   cut your deadline pretty fine

Yes, Kati.
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
cut some me some slack means leave me alone... | You really cut the Gordian knot...= you are really solved the problem
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
cutting edge technologyNet paycut above means betterIt doesn't cut the mustard....cut off my nose to spite my face means to make things worseWhat does to cut corners mean?cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinionHe can cut a rug means he is very good at dancing.curry favor vs. carry favorWhat does thy mean?This room stinks!a slowly moving propellerIs my sentence correct?