strong; healthy
certain
robust
efficient
hidden

It doesn't cut the mustard....

You really cut the Gordian knot...= you are really solved the problem | He can cut a rug means he is very good at dancing.
It doesn't cut the mustard.... #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 28, 2010 17:56 pm   It doesn't cut the mustard....

I bought a Harbor Freight electric drill, but it just doesn't cut the .......... It doesn't have enough power, and the battery dies quickly.

(a) cheese
(b) run
(c) spread
(d) mustard

I bought a Harbor Freight electric drill, but it just doesn't cut the mustard. It doesn't have enough power, and the battery dies quickly.

Correct answer: (d) mustard
_________________________

...but it doesn't cut the mustard ...=it means somebody meets requirements or is up to standards
_________________

cutting edge technologygoing for walksNet paycut above means bettercut some me some slack means leave me alone...cut off my nose to spite my face means to make things worsecut your deadline pretty fineWhat does to cut corners mean?cut and dried = only one possible approach/opinioncurry favor vs. carry favorWhat does thy mean?This room stinks!a slowly moving propeller