Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to cover with a thin layer of metal; to coat with metal
segment
plate
style
boost
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Different strokes for different folks

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
the die is cast | Why to save and no saving?
listening exercises
Different strokes for different folks #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:52 am   Different strokes for different folks

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #332 "English Slang Idioms (53)", question 10

He didn't like how his neighbors had decorated their house. The colors were ugly, but "Different ......... for different folks," he thought.

(a) cloaks
(b) jokes
(c) strokes
(d) yokes

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #332 "English Slang Idioms (53)", answer 10

He didn't like how his neighbors had decorated their house. The colors were ugly, but "Different strokes for different folks," he thought.

Correct answer: (c) strokes

"Different folks for different folks" ="Different ropes for different folks" (USA) =means different people do things in different ways that suit them.

Hungarian say: So many hoses, so many customs.

Different strokes for different folks #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:54 am   Different strokes for different folks

Correction:Hungarian say: So many houses, so many customs.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
the die is cast | Why to save and no saving?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Is my questions are correct?how much the buyers can afford to spend.closing a sale.listings-agreementsan upright piece of furnitureFarmers use tractorsdeep pockets and short armsCorrect my paragraph pleasegrammarthe youngest child.Are you sure about that?His devil-may-care attitudelike a deer in the headlights