awareness; perception
confirmation
cognition
square
hire

Like all good philosophers in search of truth...?

Meaning of few | Meaning of the expression: 'stage struck'
Like all good philosophers in search of truth...? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 12, 2006 18:16 pm   Like all good philosophers in search of truth...?

ESL/EFL Test #85 "Verbal Skills Test", question 9

Like all good philosophers in ......... of truth she is always looking for new perspectives.

(a) sight
(b) reach
(c) search
(d) enquiry

ESL/EFL Test #85 "Verbal Skills Test", answer 9

Like all good philosophers in search of truth she is always looking for new perspectives.

Correct answer: (c) search

Like all good philosophers in reach of truth she is always looking for new perspectives.
_________________________

I would like to know what is the meaning of this sentence
sinus

Like all good philosophers in search of truth...? #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:01 am   Like all good philosophers in search of truth...?

Sinus asked:

I would like to know the meaning of this sentence.

This sentence means that she is a good philosopher looking for truth. Now, to find truth, she needs different mental views, which she is always seeking. In other words, she is always trying to look at life from different angles or find different ways to approach things.

Have I managed to confuse you now :) ?

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Like all good philosophers in search of truth...? #3 (permalink) Mon Apr 03, 2006 17:20 pm   Like all good philosophers in search of truth...?

Doesn't it have to be "search FOR truth"?
Vitaly

In search of truth? #4 (permalink) Mon Apr 03, 2006 19:47 pm   In search of truth?

Vitaly wrote:

You search (v.) for truth or
you are in search (n.) of truth

"Let's" plus infinitiveFurther to our request forDifference between sealed and shutHer party members? (is 'party' she?)Teach your grandmother to suck eggsSide of the story vs. part of the storyPremier vs. firstWhy we are use "are thinking" not will thinkWhat do you mean by walking into things?Simple present doesn'tError vs. mistakeTo whom vs. to who?Idiom: to do the washing up