in whatever manner; however
easy
courteously
back
anyway

a microcosm of European history

busy as a bee. | Meaning of words 'overtaker' and 'takeover'
a microcosm of European history #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 10, 2011 18:25 pm   a microcosm of European history

ESL/EFL Test #877 "Naples, Italy", question 1

Naples, Italy is situated at the foot of a range of hills on the west coast of southern Italy. It is considered a ......... of European history as a result of being governed by so many different cultures, including the Goths, Normans, Spanish and Germans.

(a) miniscule
(b) microcosm
(c) status
(d) proximity

ESL/EFL Test #877 "Naples, Italy", answer 1

Naples, Italy is situated at the foot of a range of hills on the west coast of southern Italy. It is considered a microcosm of European history as a result of being governed by so many different cultures, including the Goths, Normans, Spanish and Germans.

Correct answer: (b) microcosm
_________________________

i donot know a past perfect and present perfect

yara
English Learner

a microcosm of European history #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 10, 2011 20:07 pm   a microcosm of European history

You don't need to paste an unrelated test answer to ask questions in the forum. Simply go direct to:
http://www.english-test.net/forum/
choose a relevant forum and start a new topic with your question.
You can post in some places as a guest, but to gain access to all the forums you will have to register.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
You must follow the lawAscertain vs. ascribestruck silentDo you have to workpast simple/present perfectare/will beAnything similar to a scarf?Is my questions are correct?how much the buyers can afford to spend.closing a sale.listings-agreementsmaintain their language skills.an upright piece of furniture