inattentive; unmindful
regardless
interchangeable
articulate
maximum

back to the bullpen

What does endure mean? | Meaning of "fed up with"
back to the bullpen #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 21, 2011 22:08 pm   back to the bullpen

The manager decided to send in a new pitcher. He sent the starter, who had pitched the first five innings, back to the ..........

(a) stands
(b) bullpen
(c) minors
(d) beginning

The manager decided to send in a new pitcher. He sent the starter, who had pitched the first five innings, back to the bullpen.

Correct answer: (b) bullpen
_________________________

The bull-pen /n/
1. is part of the baseball field where players practice the pitching(=throwing) before the game.
2.extra pitcher
3. a type of large office which is open-plan(=it does not have walls dividing the office area.
4.a room where prisoners wait before they go into the court for their trial.(Oxford Dictionary)
Please don't delete add an explanation which is good?
Thanks:
_________________

back to the bullpen #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 11, 2013 21:28 pm   back to the bullpen

The manager decided to send in a new [b]pitcher. He sent the starter, who had pitched the first five innings, back to the bullpen.
[/b]
What does this sentence mean?

the manager(n) here: person who trains and organizes a sports team

They are playing baseball because: a game played especially in the US by two teams of nine players, using a bat and ball. Each player tries to hit the ball and then run around four bases before the other team can return the ball

ˈbeɪsbɔːl(U) pronunciation English; ˈbeɪsbɔːl pronunciation American

A pitcher (in baseball) is the player who throws the ball to
extra pitchers (= players who throw the ball) in a baseball team who are used, if necessary, to replace the usual pitchers
the batter

bullpen=The part of a baseball field where players practise pitching (= throwing) before the game

The starter is a person who gives the signal for a race to start

inning(n)=(in baseball) one of the nine periods of a game in which each team has a turn at batting
ˈɪnɪŋ pronunciation English; ˈɪnɪŋ pronunciation American

pitch (something)(T,IT) (in baseball) to throw the ball to the person who is batting
bat (n)=a piece of wood with a handle, made in various shapes and sizes, and used for hitting the ball in games such as baseball; cricket and table tennis a baseball/cricket bat

to bat = hit with the baseball bat

batter(n)(in baseball) the player who is hitting the ball

batter (in baseball) the player who is hitting the ball

baseball bat

baseball

baseball field

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
back to the bullpen #3 (permalink) Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:53 am   back to the bullpen

Bullpen-in the baseball

Bullpen pitchers.baseball pitchers are waiting for replacing the playing pitchers.

_________________

What does pass the buck mean?get on the trainstraight answer vs. right answerShe's as mad as a hatterMeaning of "guise"?Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10We all need to paddle our own canoe.the pedal to the metalShe needs to mind her own beeswax...New kid on the block?Smooth sailingMeaning of "It's the cat's meow"