Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

railing; hedge; ability to argue; person who sells stolen goods
fence
date
commodity
general
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about?
The Haunting in Connecticut | Zeitgeist 3
listening exercises
Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 30, 2011 15:33 pm   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Hello, dear friends.

I'm .NET developer. As many others programmers I don't want to waste time on the useless technologies. That is why I want to discuss questions concerning leading Microsoft Technologies as I am not sure what is the most prospective direction and need your opinion about that.

Today I tend to think that the most prospective directions are:
SharePoint, ASP.NET, Silverlight, integration with Azure.

I think that desktop application will disappear in the nearest future as we can find that web applications becomes rich and they have much more pros. rather than cons. comparing with desktop applications.

If you have another point of view I will be happy to hear your opinion.

Best Regards,
Vitaliy
Vitaliy
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 30, 2011 22:41 pm   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Hi Vitaliy, I think Google will eventually get the edge over Microsoft when it comes to web applications and cloud computing.

TOEIC listening, photographs: The herdsman
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #3 (permalink) Sun Jan 30, 2011 22:53 pm   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Hehehe!! You two sound like football fans of some team you hope are gonna win the cup next year or the year after as soon as you get a decent Goalie and a centre forward.

As a Mac user I would say - lets talk about here and now lets talk about Snow Leopard about the I-Phone I-Pod I-Pad I-Tunes :-)
Irish Lurker
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #4 (permalink) Sun Jan 30, 2011 23:00 pm   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

I-anything:
Over hyped, over priced and totally invasive.
Language Coach

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #5 (permalink) Sun Jan 30, 2011 23:01 pm   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Beeesneees wrote:
I-anything:
Over hyped, over priced and totally invasive.

Grrrrrrrr!! Right thats it Bees - I warned you!!!!!!!
Irish Lurker
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #6 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 0:21 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

As you use a mac user I'm sure your death star will look very pretty... but when you try controlling it left will be right and up will be down - so you'll end up nuking the wrong place.
Language Coach

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #7 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 0:39 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

You were warned Bees
Your house in the sticks will be
Irish Lurker
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #8 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:32 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Hello dear friends,
It seems that everybody didn't get my question. I'm not going to discuss who is better, who is the best. I'm also not going to say that Microsoft is the leader in every sphere. I just want to discuss most prospective directions in Microsoft programming world. I have nothing against Mac.
Just have a look on the following diagram:

Numbers say everything.[/img]
Vitaliy
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #9 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:43 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Vitaliy wrote:
I just want to discuss most prospective directions in Microsoft programming world.

Torsten likes graphs too but I don't think they are Vitally important
but if perhaps like me you had just got out of the shower you might also find this important Vitally?
Irish Lurker
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #10 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:15 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Political Lurker wrote:
You were warned Bees
Your house in the sticks will be

Your lasers will never get past the mountains... if a mobile signal or a cable TV link can't do it, neither will you.
Language Coach

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #11 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Beeesneees wrote:
Your lasers will never get past the mountains... if a mobile signal or a cable TV link can't do it, neither will you.

Sounds like a dare. =)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #12 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:22 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Beeesneees wrote:
Your lasers will never get past the mountains...

Bev you know rightly I wasn't gonna make you Toast I was gonna just microwave you a bit and give you a bit of a tan
Like that David Dickinson I heard you really fancy - totally free...
So there's a real bargain for you. :-)
Irish Lurker
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #13 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:38 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Political Lurker wrote:

Like that David Dickinson I heard you really fancy - totally free...
So there's a real bargain for you. :-)

Oh, dear, public lewdness... That guy ought to be ashamed of himself!
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #14 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Our Tort System wrote:
Oh, dear, public lewdness... That guy ought to be ashamed of himself!

Thats right I forgot how butter wouldn't melt in Bev's mouth
plus he kept his glass's on :-)

Tort do yanks still use Lewdness?

I would rarely hear it over here if at all?

Army maybe?
Irish Lurker
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming? #15 (permalink) Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:14 am   Which Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?

Political Lurker wrote:
Tort do yanks still use Lewdness?

Yeah, it's an official name of the crime of showing up naked in public.
Also, it can be called "indecent exposure".
For instance, a dude is sauntering down the main drag stark naked and a police car pulls up right beside him. A police officer gets out, cuffs him and says "you're under arrest for public lewdness". Hehe =)

PS: Gee, the name of the thread reads "Microsoft bla bla bla" and I'm ranting about public indecency. What is this world coming to?
Talk about steering off the subject!
I'm a Communicator ;-)

The Haunting in Connecticut | Zeitgeist 3
ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Latest topics on English Forums
First film remote Amazon rainforest tribeCrocodile Dundee was GermanYour feedback on the new shop?Anyone "Linkedin"Female Irish Travel writer Dervla Murphy to join Irish boat in flotilla to GazaInformal english?Problems with interviewsWhich Microsoft Technologies will conquer the world of programming?, page 2Country I'd like to visitClay figures go homeMicrosoft Warns of MHTML Bug in WindowsTiffany is going to teach English in South KoreaOMG what is that?