act of assuming control of something (as in a government or business)
visibility
takeover
specialty
attentiveness

Test incompl/inter-298, Question 8

What is A1 quality? | Test incompl/inter-298, Question 9
Test incompl/inter-298, Question 8 #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:45 am   Test incompl/inter-298, Question 8

He didn't feel like going camping with his friends that weekend, but his father said, "You can't let your buddies down like that after you promised. You made your decision, now you have to ......... by it."

(a) stay
(b) give
(c) abide
(d) leave

He didn't feel like going camping with his friends that weekend, but his father said, "You can't let your buddies down like that after you promised. You made your decision, now you have to abide by it."

Correct answer: (c) abide
_________________________

"you have to abide it"
Does it mean: you have to keep your promise? or the father can say: you are as good as your word ?
_________________

Test incompl/inter-298, Question 8 #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:05 am   Test incompl/inter-298, Question 8

"You have to abide by it" - You have to do whatever you decided.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
back to the drawing boardHe was racing against the time...Idiom: actions speak louder than wordsidiom: He's a man after my own heartTest incompl/inter-298, Question 3Test incompl/inter-298, Question 6Test incompl/inter-298, Question 10the Philippines.She needs wateras strong as its weakest link.Turn to a page...I got my mojo workin'Don't you think that's a bit much?