Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

citation; passage taken from another source; reference; commercial offer; statement of price
mistreatment
forward
statement
quotation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Idiom: actions speak louder than words

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
idiom: He's a man after my own heart | He was racing against the time...
listening exercises
Idiom: actions speak louder than words #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:35 am   Idiom: actions speak louder than words

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #300 "English Slang Idioms (22)", question 1

She didn't believe that he would ever change. He said he would, but actions speak louder than ..........

(a) thoughts
(b) intentions
(c) words
(d) concepts

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #300 "English Slang Idioms (22)", answer 1

She didn't believe that he would ever change. He said he would, but actions speak louder than words.

Correct answer: (c) words

The actions speak louder than words. Does it mean: when deeds speak, words are nothing. ?
Kati Svaby

Idiom: actions speak louder than words #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 08, 2011 19:01 pm   Idiom: actions speak louder than words

Not quite. It means that things you do mean more than the things you say you will do.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
idiom: He's a man after my own heart | He was racing against the time...
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
next Monday at 10 o'clockback to the drawing boardI feel like I am at the end of my ropeat the drop of a hatYou are ahead of time...Test incompl/inter-298, Question 3Test incompl/inter-298, Question 6Test incompl/inter-298, Question 10Test incompl/inter-298, Question 9Test incompl/inter-298, Question 8What is A1 quality?If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?Freeze vs. frozen