tax; charge; levy; grievous price
currency
toll
dispute
voyage

I feel like I am at the end of my rope

at the drop of a hat | If we use SHE for a train, what about HE?
I feel like I am at the end of my rope #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 am   I feel like I am at the end of my rope

"I feel like I am at the end of my ......... now that I've lost my job and my sister in the same month," a depressed Sam told his wife.

(a) life
(b) ride
(c) rope
(d) butt

"I feel like I am at the end of my rope now that I've lost my job and my sister in the same month," a depressed Sam told his wife.

Correct answer: (c) rope
_________________________

" I am at the end of my rope" ... Does it mean: I am at the limit of my patience.?
_________________

I feel like I am at the end of my rope #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 08, 2011 19:12 pm   I feel like I am at the end of my rope

I would use 'I'm at the end of my tether' to express being at the limit of my patience.

I believe that this expression means "I'm at my wit's end; I don't know which way to turn for help now." (There is no more help available.)
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Test incompl/inter-310, Question 3it broke his heart?bridge the gap?next Monday at 10 o'clockback to the drawing boardYou are ahead of time...He was racing against the time...Idiom: actions speak louder than wordsidiom: He's a man after my own heartTest incompl/inter-298, Question 3Idiom: A still tongue keeps a wise head.Test incompl/inter-298, Question 6Freeze vs. frozen