something of great worth
clerk
import
provision
valuable

What's the difference between fare and tariff?

For the time being | to have a clean sheet
What's the difference between fare and tariff? #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 11, 2011 21:24 pm   What's the difference between fare and tariff?

ESL/EFL Test #881 "Taxi Terms", question 3

Taxi drivers drive people to various destinations and the ......... can vary depending on the distance and length of a trip.

(a) faxes
(b) tags
(c) tariffs
(d) fares

ESL/EFL Test #881 "Taxi Terms", answer 3

Taxi drivers drive people to various destinations and the fares can vary depending on the distance and length of a trip.

Correct answer: (d) fares

Taxi drivers drive people to various destinations and the tariffs can vary depending on the distance and length of a trip.
_________________________

Milo

What's the difference between fare and tariff? #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 11, 2011 21:34 pm   What's the difference between fare and tariff?

Fare - The money a passenger on public transportation has to pay.

Tariff - A table of the fixed charges made by a business.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-325, Question 3Test incompl/inter-325, Question 2Test incompl/inter-325, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-324, Question 9Test incompl/inter-324, Question 5Test incompl/inter-324, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-323, Question 3Test incompl/inter-323, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-322, User's Answer 10Do you want some water? vs Have you got any water?What does the phrasal verb 'take off' mean?Why should we use COULD as the answer?Phrasal conjunction 'as if'