to arrive; to obtain; to procure; to extend the arm outward
misunderstand
remove
reach
fetch

Test incompl/inter-325, Question 4

Test incompl/inter-325, Question 5 | Test incompl/inter-325, Question 6
Test incompl/inter-325, Question 4 #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:36 am   Test incompl/inter-325, Question 4

I was afraid of changing jobs to one that requires talking to people for most of the day. That is a little outside of my comfort ..........

(a) place
(b) zone
(c) pillow
(d) room

I was afraid of changing jobs to one that requires talking to people for most of the day. That is a little outside of my comfort zone.

Correct answer: (b) zone
_________________________

That is a little outside of my comfort zone = Does it mean: it is outside of a place or situation in which I feel safe or comfortable. ?
_________________

Test incompl/inter-325, Question 4 #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 am   Test incompl/inter-325, Question 4

yes.

Personally, I feel that using 'of my' there sounds odd. To me, there is something 'jarring' about it. I'd use it without the 'of':
That is a little outside my comfort zone.
That is outside my comfort zone.

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
horrendous vs. viableI went to the barber shopidiom: to eat a horseTest incompl/inter-326, Question 8I bought grocery stuff or groceries?Test incompl/inter-326, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-325, Question 3Test incompl/inter-325, Question 2Test incompl/inter-325, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-324, Question 9Test incompl/inter-324, Question 5Test incompl/inter-324, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-323, Question 3