Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

distinction; unusual quality; disagreement; remainder
difference
agenda
forecaster
midmorning
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

more mobile society

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between a journey, trip, tour | to mail in our store receipt???
listening exercises
more mobile society #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 12, 2011 19:46 pm   more mobile society

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #297 "Bedbugs!", question 10

One reason for the increase is because society tends to be much more ......... than in earlier times, traveling to various countries on vacations, unkowingly carrying the pests from one hotel to another or to their own homes.

(a) mobile
(b) manageable
(c) transit
(d) practical

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #297 "Bedbugs!", answer 10

One reason for the increase is because society tends to be much more practical than in earlier times, traveling to various countries on vacations, unkowingly carrying the pests from one hotel to another or to their own homes.

Correct answer: (d) practical

Your answer was: incorrect
One reason for the increase is because society tends to be much more mobile than in earlier times, traveling to various countries on vacations, unkowingly carrying the pests from one hotel to another or to their own homes.

One reason for the increase ( of the populations of bedbuds) is because society tends to be much more practical / mobile than in earlier times, traveling to various countries on vacations, unkowingly carrying the pests from one hotel to another or to their own homes.
-It gave me "mobile" as an incorrect answer (?!)
Eugene2114
I'm a Communicator ;-)

more mobile society #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 12, 2011 20:06 pm   more mobile society

Thank you for pointing out that error, Eugene. It has now been corrected on the database and the next refresh will hopefully reflect the change.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
more mobile society #3 (permalink) Sat Feb 12, 2011 21:49 pm   more mobile society

Thanks Bees for your mobility and practical help.
Regards.
Eugene2114
I'm a Communicator ;-)

more mobile society #4 (permalink) Sat Feb 12, 2011 21:57 pm   more mobile society

LOL ;D
Language Coach

more mobile society #5 (permalink) Sun Jul 10, 2011 18:06 pm   more mobile society

It's still not fixed. It said that I got the wrong answers for 1 and 10 when I chose the correct answers and test number 273 from the elementary level doesn't load at all.
VioletaNicoleta
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

more mobile society #6 (permalink) Sun Sep 25, 2011 22:29 pm   more mobile society

Dears "tests-net" administrators.Is there hope to fix this broken test # 273 ?
http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ei293/esl-test.php
Thanks in advance. Best wishes for administrators and moderators.

more mobile society #7 (permalink) Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:12 am   more mobile society

Thanks a lot for pointing this. We've fixed the errors but haven't updated the database yet. We will do that soon.

Best regards,
Torsten

TOEFL listening discussions: What started this conversation?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

more mobile society #8 (permalink) Sun Oct 02, 2011 22:45 pm   more mobile society

Dear Torsten.I wasn't thinking serious about learning English ,but now I've changed my mind- ( after seeing "Test -net ").I prefer this form of learning.Thank you very much for this wonderful portal.I think Leipzig must be proud of accomplishments of his citizens.

more mobile society #9 (permalink) Tue May 01, 2012 17:12 pm   more mobile society

Hallo! I just made the test and it is still wrong (pratical/mobile)
bye
Ginevra
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Difference between a journey, trip, tour | to mail in our store receipt???
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'?Meaning of 'upon fifteen (15) days prior written notice'???about "to tell about"which one is the best english?Test incompl/elem-191, Question 4Is the comma correct here?six routes serve???Test incompl/elem-177, Question 7has been developed vs. has been developingCan you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pmWhat does 'the pants off of me' mean?"Within seconds" vs "Without seconds"What are synonyms to 'quiet'?