grand; magnificent; striking
indoor
disparate
impressive
transcendent

get your rear in gear

wade around | Tigers like to hunt alone...
get your rear in gear #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 26, 2011 20:29 pm   get your rear in gear

"You agreed to start work at 7 o'clock and, here you are, asleep at 8 o'clock. It is time to get your rear in ......... and get out in the yard. You might still finish by the end of the day but you will have to work hard," Steve's dad told him.

(a) inspection
(b) gear
(c) passing
(d) walking

"You agreed to start work at 7 o'clock and, here you are, asleep at 8 o'clock. It is time to get your rear in gear and get out in the yard. You might still finish by the end of the day but you will have to work hard," Steve's dad told him.

Correct answer: (b) gear
_________________________

please, could you explain this answer?
English Learner

get your rear in gear #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:59 am   get your rear in gear

'get your rear in gear' - a slang idiom which means 'get yourself sorted out / get started.'
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-335, Question 2I gave him the eyeget off on the wrong footTest incompl/inter-333, Question 10Test incompl/inter-333, Question 8dip his toesget in onlooked uponWhat is a parking lot?What are scarecrows?the first few pages of the bookMeaning of broom, shovel and trovelWhen you refer as cunning what does mean? I can not picture BRAD as a bear...