blunder; fault; error
mistake
momentum
institute
retirement

please exlain :" smile, laugh, grin"

Idiom: Things can only get better | the greatest potential
please exlain :" smile, laugh, grin" #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 12, 2011 17:03 pm   please exlain :" smile, laugh, grin"

Please explain for me the reason why we don't use "laugh" or "smile", so it must use " grin" in this sentence.but " smile, laugh, grin" have same meaning is moving mouth .
There is really nothing much you can do to stop it and I'm afraid you'll just have to grin and bear it.
Saudavabimbim

please exlain :" smile, laugh, grin" #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 12, 2011 18:38 pm   please exlain :" smile, laugh, grin"

Hi Saudavabimbim,

It's because 'grin and bear it' is a fixed expression. It's an idiom which means to accept an unpleasant or difficult situation because there is nothing you can do to improve it. Although smile or laugh could be used in place of grin, the idiom is unchangeable.
http://idioms.yourdictionary.com/grin-and-bear-it
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
a sound banking systembaby penguins hatchWhat does get picked on mean?cash flowprojected salesformer shipmatesa $30 billion-per-year industry.site by site/ building by buildingit wasn't a real oneIf we don't bring a map, how will we know where to go?When I finally get to schoolget outWhy is "at home" correct?