person who holds a money order
viewpoint
labor
bearer
scanner

Every time I turn around,

that's final vs. that's concluded | persevere vs. pursue
Every time I turn around, #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 20, 2011 15:40 pm   Every time I turn around,

"People really need to learn how to drive in this town. Every time I ......... around, it seems like I am either hearing about another crash on the radio or see ambulances and fire trucks by the scene of a crash," Beth said to Jenny.

(a) think
(b) lay
(c) turn
(d) jump

"People really need to learn how to drive in this town. Every time I turn around, it seems like I am either hearing about another crash on the radio or see ambulances and fire trucks by the scene of a crash," Beth said to Jenny.

Correct answer: (c) turn
_________________________

I hope I'd be able to participate in this excellent site, it is of great help to all Arab students. I am grateful to all members and all professors, especially "Alan" .
Abu Ammar
E.mail: ahmadabuammar@yahoo.com
English Learner

Every time I turn around, #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 20, 2011 15:50 pm   Every time I turn around,

Hello Abu Ammar,

Thanks for your positive feedback. It is appreciated.

You might find it useful to know that you don't need to paste an unrelated test answer to ask questions in the forum. Simply go direct to:
http://www.english-test.net/forum/
choose a relevant forum and start a new topic with your question.
You can post in some places as a guest, but for some forums you have to register.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Every time I turn around, #3 (permalink) Sun Mar 20, 2011 15:50 pm   Every time I turn around,

I appreciate your comment.

_________________

Every time I turn around, #4 (permalink) Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 am   Every time I turn around,

Does "turn around" here mean to turn channels when using the radio?
Or he meant to hang around?
Puppet

Every time I turn around, #5 (permalink) Wed Mar 23, 2011 16:08 pm   Every time I turn around,

Hello Puppet,

Nice to see you back!

'Turn around' means 'change position or direction to face the other way.'

Here it is a set informal phrase which indicates that wherever the person goes and whatever he does, he hears about yet another accident. (It is also likely to be an exaggeration. He is emphasising that he feels that it happens every time he turns around, because it happens so frequently.He is unlikely to literally mean every time.)
_________________

Every time I turn around, #6 (permalink) Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:21 am   Every time I turn around,

Thank you for welcoming me.
Thank you very much for the explanation, too.
Puppet

what is the meaning of yellow in this sentence...Meaning of white???perhaps/maybeI sweep my sidewalka franchise's revenuewhere to putgo out into the woods or go back into the woods?who's calling?What is a defendant?Basic Grammar Exercises (6)a person himself/herself/them... OR what?Memory vs memo"blow away" vs. "blow over"