Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

source; beginning; birth; parentage; nationality
format
level
possession
origin
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is a defendant?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
who's calling? | Usage of question tags
listening exercises
What is a defendant? #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 25, 2011 16:10 pm   What is a defendant?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #253 "US Government Questions Test (2)", question 10

A person who is not a member of a police or fire-fighting department or enlisted in the military is known as a ..........

(a) civilian
(b) officer
(c) senator

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #253 "US Government Questions Test (2)", answer 10

A person who is not a member of a police or fire-fighting department or enlisted in the military is known as a civilian.

Correct answer: (a) civilian

a person accused of a crime, in a court of law suit is brought against is known as the......?
Runko

What is a defendant? #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:51 am   What is a defendant?

Defendant

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
who's calling? | Usage of question tags
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I sweep my sidewalkwhere to putgo out into the woods or go back into the woods?that's final vs. that's concludedan attack of influenzathat sort of behaviouracross boundaries.at a moment's noticeBasic Grammar Exercises (6)a person himself/herself/them... OR what?Every time I turn around,Memory vs memopersevere vs. pursue