Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

devotion to a certain habit; dependency
education
catering
handling
addiction
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

go out into the woods or go back into the woods?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
persevere vs. pursue | "blow away" vs. "blow over"
listening exercises
go out into the woods or go back into the woods? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 27, 2011 16:40 pm   go out into the woods or go back into the woods?

1.If one lives in the countryside, he can ____ into the woods and in the fields. If one lives in a big town, he can usually go to a park to play.

A. go out B.go on C.go back D.go away

the answer is A, but I think "C" should be OK, right?

2.Now, what makes children like the seaside so much? I think it is the sand, the sea and the sun, not anything else. Of course, there are _______new things to see, nice things to eat, and interesting things to do.

A.no B. lots of

Can I choose "NO"?

Thanks for your help:)
Liliexeter
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

go out into the woods or go back into the woods? #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 27, 2011 18:31 pm   go out into the woods or go back into the woods?

Hi,

In number 1, A is correct. C does not work because 'go back' would imply you came from the woods and fields in the first place.

'No' would not be correct for sentence 2. There are things to be seen at the seaside which aren't seen anywhere else, so the answer must be 'lots of'.
Language Coach

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
go out into the woods or go back into the woods? #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 28, 2011 13:40 pm   go out into the woods or go back into the woods?

thanks Beeesneees。。。。
Liliexeter
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

persevere vs. pursue | "blow away" vs. "blow over"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
the living end,what is the meaning of yellow in this sentence...Meaning of white???perhaps/maybeI sweep my sidewalka franchise's revenuewhere to putthat's final vs. that's concludedwho's calling?What is a defendant?a person himself/herself/them... OR what?Every time I turn around,I have been waiting VERSUS I am waiting