Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

staying in a particular place; not migratory; intrinsic; existing
resident
sick
dotted
underway
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Please check my sentence

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see? | Tenses (From Seinfeld)
listening exercises
Please check my sentence #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:48 am   Please check my sentence

Hello :)

Is this sentences correct?

A: I want to think of it the same way (that) you do.
B: I can be notified only through an e-mail.
C: I can only be notified through an e-mail.

Thanks
Nie
I'm here quite often ;-)

Please check my sentence #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2011 14:07 pm   Please check my sentence

These are correct:

A: I want to think of it the same way (that) you do.
B: I can be notified only by/via e-mail.
C: I can only be notified by/via e-mail.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Please check my sentence #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2011 15:26 pm   Please check my sentence

May I know why "through" is incorrect and why we remove the article "an" ?

Thanks again Mister Micawber.
Nie
I'm here quite often ;-)

Re: Please check my sentence #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2011 15:54 pm   Re: Please check my sentence

Hello, I have a question about this sentense :-
I WAS AGREE IN YOUR POINT THAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED >

Is this sentence correct or not?
Actually , I have a big problem with using propesitions

Thanks a lot
Awwad2

Please check my sentence #5 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2011 15:56 pm   Please check my sentence

Hi Nie,

'Through' is too mechanical in its meaning because we are talking about a common process (email) in the same way as you would say: by phone/by letter/by telegram. Similarly you wouldn't use an article unless you are talking about a particular email. Again this is analogous to by car/by ship/by taxi and so on.

Are we going to hear you on a recording again soon?

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Please check my sentence #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2011 22:54 pm   Please check my sentence

I WAS AGREE IN YOUR POINT THAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED >Is this sentence correct or not? -- No. 'I agreed with you on that point.'

Please check my sentence #7 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:56 am   Please check my sentence

Hello Alan,

I had wanted to include a recording in each of my post, but unfortunately I can't figure out a way to make it possible with the built-in mic on my notebook. For some reasons, it won't detect my voice anymore. I tried changing the audio settings but nothing happens. :( Hopefully, I can have this fixed, so I can post another recording.

Thanks for answering my post :)
Nie
I'm here quite often ;-)

Please check my sentence #8 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:48 am   Please check my sentence

Hi Nie,

I'll look forward to that.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see? | Tenses (From Seinfeld)
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Am I stressing correct words? April 9Would you please answer my question?What does mean "you are fit"? (excluding "healthy" and "show-and-tellreadCan I compare like these ways?Lost in translationwhy it is me NOT it is iWhere is the mistake?Am I stressing correct words? April 7What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to mwander/ramble//meandercollaborating