to oppose; to fight against; to challenge; to withstand
regress
resist
solicit
link

what does be about to mean?

what does "smile indefinitely" mean? | Appropriate varb or phrase
what does be about to mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 07, 2011 16:01 pm   what does be about to mean?

I want to know ,meaning of " be about to " , PLease tell me or give me some example .
Maketaof

what does be about to mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:03 am   what does be about to mean?

I'm afraid your message didn't come through but let me explain. 'Be about to do something' suggests you are on the point of doing something/just going to do something as in:

I am about to go to the shops in a couple of minutes. Do you want me to get anything for you?

They have locked the front door, walked down the garden path and are now about to get into a taxi to take them to the airport.

Hope that helps.

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
what does be about to mean? #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 14:16 pm   what does be about to mean?

hjhj , thanks Alan .
Maketaof

what does be about to mean? #4 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 15:24 pm   what does be about to mean?

Alan, Do you know meaning of word "out of business" , I only know , what sale off ? Can you give me any example ?
Maketaof

Lost in translationUse of "hassle"why it is me NOT it is ipassive or active?At the weekend vs. On the weekendas good as it wasno use ofgrammarQuitWhat's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to mRight or wrong?et alia > et al > eta (?)comparison