to channel; to centralize
funnel
classify
note
divert

"in the same way" vs "in one and the same way"

Appropriate Use of the word "Soothing" | formerly
"in the same way" vs "in one and the same way" #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 0:49 am   "in the same way" vs "in one and the same way"

What is the difference between these two expressions?
ChoTokusen

"in the same way" vs "in one and the same way" #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:35 am   "in the same way" vs "in one and the same way"

In one and the same way (as X) = In one way, and it is the same way (as X).
James

Location: Route 6, USA

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
"in the same way" vs "in one and the same way" #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:45 am   "in the same way" vs "in one and the same way"

I cannot think of a use for 'in one and the same way' at all.
_________________

"in the same way" vs "in one and the same way" #4 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:00 am   "in the same way" vs "in one and the same way"

It's possible in technical writing. You can find such expressions in a US patent, for instance.
James

Location: Route 6, USA

"in the same way" vs "in one and the same way" #5 (permalink) Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:56 am   "in the same way" vs "in one and the same way"

Here is the whole sentence:
If the unit is part of two or more nets, then it is denoted in one and the same way.
ChoTokusen

how can I improve my English"let slip" vs. "let it slip"If I was/were... or If I V-ed (which one to use in Conditionals type 2)passive sentencea question about one of the listening exercises... nor can forms ?smartDon't belittle him (=say he is unimportant) . ?going on all foursis to never/ is never toSuggest / BegAm I stressing correct words? April 9Am I stressing correct words? April 9