affront; offense; rude remark or action
reason
spot
insult
benchmark

What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

et alia > et al > eta (?) | Where is the mistake?
What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:48 am   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

Dear all,

I'll miss you.
I'm going to miss you.

Are they the same? or any difference?

thanks.
Grammarfan

What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:24 am   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

They are interchangeable but, generally, I'm for the second.
James

Location: Route 6, USA

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 23:48 pm   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

James wrote:
I'm for the second.

Why?

E2e4

What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #4 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:57 am   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

"I'll do something." may contain a certain fraction of willingness, but "I am going to do something." is completely objective. Thus, the latter gives a sense of "miss you" without effort. Someone may disagree, though.
James

Location: Route 6, USA

What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #5 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:48 am   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

I don't see that distinction . :)
I'd be happy to use either.
_________________

show-and-tellTenses (From Seinfeld)readCan I compare like these ways?Lost in translationUse of "hassle"why it is me NOT it is igrammarQuitwhat does be about to mean?wander/ramble//meanderPlease check my sentenceWhat is the difference between entry and entrance?