Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

affront; offense; rude remark or action
reason
spot
insult
benchmark
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
et alia > et al > eta (?) | Where is the mistake?
listening exercises
What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:48 am   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

Dear all,

I'll miss you.
I'm going to miss you.

Are they the same? or any difference?

thanks.
Grammarfan

What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:24 am   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

They are interchangeable but, generally, I'm for the second.
James
I'm here quite often ;-)

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 23:48 pm   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

James wrote:
I'm for the second.

Why?

Thanks
E2e4
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #4 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:57 am   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

"I'll do something." may contain a certain fraction of willingness, but "I am going to do something." is completely objective. Thus, the latter gives a sense of "miss you" without effort. Someone may disagree, though.
James
I'm here quite often ;-)

What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m #5 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:48 am   What's the difference between "I'll miss you." and "I'm going to m

I don't see that distinction . :)
I'd be happy to use either.
Language Coach

et alia > et al > eta (?) | Where is the mistake?
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
show-and-tellTenses (From Seinfeld)readCan I compare like these ways?Lost in translationUse of "hassle"why it is me NOT it is igrammarQuitwhat does be about to mean?wander/ramble//meanderPlease check my sentenceWhat is the difference between entry and entrance?