Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

increase in the supply of money in relation to the amount of goods available resulting in a rise in prices
applicant
caveat
director
inflation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

passive or active?

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
At the weekend vs. On the weekend | no use of
listening exercises
passive or active? #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 am   passive or active?

hi, i've been analysing a text and i've stumbled across a problem - is the verb set out in the following sentence: "Yet we, that is, even philosophers, set some limits to the amount of nonsense that we are prepared to admit we talk: so that it was natural to go on to ask, as a second stage, whether many apparent pseudostatements really set out to be 'statements' at all." active, passive or an adjective? Thank you immensely in advance.[/b]
Moljka

passive or active? #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:23 am   passive or active?

It is as it appears, active.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
passive or active? #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:24 am   passive or active?

that's my conclusion as well, but i wasn't sure. thank you very much
Moljka

At the weekend vs. On the weekend | no use of
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Lost in translationUse of "hassle"what does "smile indefinitely" mean?as good as it wasgrammarQuitAm I stressing correct words? April 7Am I stressing correct words? April 7Am I stressing correct words? April 7Right or wrong?what does be about to mean?Appropriate varb or phrasecomparison