Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to stress; to show the importance of
elaborate
assort
collect
emphasize
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea'

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
a fancy restaurant | 'to take part in the final meeting' vs 'to take partition in the final meeting'
listening exercises
'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea' #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 22, 2011 13:52 pm   'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea'

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #123 "Real Life: Geography (1)", question 3

Italy, France and Germany are all located in the continent called ..........

(a) Asia
(b) Australia
(c) Antartica
(d) Europe

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #123 "Real Life: Geography (1)", answer 3

Italy, France and Germany are all located in the continent called Europe.

Correct answer: (d) Europe

Hi,
In the questions 10th,8th and 6th we read:,, is (...) located on the continent'', but in 3rd question : are (...) located in the continent''. what is correct: in or on the continent.
And it's a strange for me that ocean can be sea in 5th question of this test.
Thanks a lot.
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea' #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 22, 2011 14:49 pm   'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea'

'On' is correct. 'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea' when talking generally about large bodies of salt water. I have fixed Q3 and some other problems with that test; the changes will appear with the next database update. Thank you for bringing that to our notice.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea' #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 22, 2011 19:20 pm   'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea'

Oh, no problem dear Mr Micawber. it's nice to be helpul.
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

a fancy restaurant | 'to take part in the final meeting' vs 'to take partition in the final meeting'
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
my number is 555-1211alert and attentive.In a company here vs. over hereprograms were implemented.warm clothing vs. woven clothingkeep cool in the hot weather?Test incompl/advan-240, User's Answer 7A bathtub is able to hold a lot of waterthe more I want some moreThe flash on your cameraDifference between "seems like, as if, appears to be"what is nippy and mild?When we use 'many' for countable nouns?