to stress; to show the importance of
elaborate
assort
collect
emphasize

'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea'

a fancy restaurant | 'to take part in the final meeting' vs 'to take partition in the final meeting'
'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea' #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 22, 2011 13:52 pm   'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea'

ESL/EFL Test #123 "Real Life: Geography (1)", question 3

Italy, France and Germany are all located in the continent called ..........

(a) Asia
(b) Australia
(c) Antartica
(d) Europe

ESL/EFL Test #123 "Real Life: Geography (1)", answer 3

Italy, France and Germany are all located in the continent called Europe.

Correct answer: (d) Europe
_________________________

In the questions 10th,8th and 6th we read:,, is (...) located on the continent'', but in 3rd question : are (...) located in the continent''. what is correct: in or on the continent.
And it's a strange for me that ocean can be sea in 5th question of this test.
Thanks a lot.

'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea' #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 22, 2011 14:49 pm   'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea'

'On' is correct. 'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea' when talking generally about large bodies of salt water. I have fixed Q3 and some other problems with that test; the changes will appear with the next database update. Thank you for bringing that to our notice.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea' #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 22, 2011 19:20 pm   'Ocean' can be interchangeable with 'sea'

Oh, no problem dear Mr Micawber. it's nice to be helpul.

my number is 555-1211alert and attentive.In a company here vs. over hereprograms were implemented.warm clothing vs. woven clothingkeep cool in the hot weather?Test incompl/advan-240, User's Answer 7A bathtub is able to hold a lot of waterthe more I want some moreThe flash on your cameraDifference between "seems like, as if, appears to be"what is nippy and mild?When we use 'many' for countable nouns?