to desert; to abandon; to change sides
monetize
slope
kit
defect

Meaning of the expression: 'stage struck'

Like all good philosophers in search of truth...? | Why we are use "are thinking" not will think
Meaning of the expression: 'stage struck' #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:58 am   Meaning of the expression: 'stage struck'

ESL/EFL Test #58 "Stages", question 9

From childhood she has been stage ......... and was delighted when she got her first major part in the play at the national theatre.

(a) hit
(b) shocked
(c) slapped
(d) struck

ESL/EFL Test #58 "Stages", answer 9

From childhood she has been stage struck and was delighted when she got her first major part in the play at the national theatre.

Correct answer: (d) struck

_________________________

Hi. I don't understand "stage struck". Could you explain to me, please?

English Learner Andre
Andre

Stage struck #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:50 am   Stage struck

This expression means fascinated by the world of the stage - the theatre. It also gives the idea that the theatre has a hypnotic power over you because you desperately want to be involved in it.

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
"Let's" plus infinitiveMaking vs. madeFurther to our request forDifference between sealed and shutHer party members? (is 'party' she?)Teach your grandmother to suck eggsSide of the story vs. part of the storyPremier vs. firstWhat do you mean by walking into things?Simple present doesn'tError vs. mistakeTo whom vs. to who?Idiom: to do the washing up