Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

including a lot; large in scope; extensive
changeable
durable
comprehensive
unlimited
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

come camping vs. come to camp

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Everyone has their mobile phone | forwarded vs won
listening exercises
come camping vs. come to camp #1 (permalink) Fri May 20, 2011 13:46 pm   come camping vs. come to camp

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #245 "Non-Count and Count Nouns (4)", question 10

You have to ask your mother for ......... before you can come camping with our family. You can come if she says it's OK with her. This is a non-count noun.

(a) permission
(b) spots
(c) tents
(d) boots

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #245 "Non-Count and Count Nouns (4)", answer 10

You have to ask your mother for permission before you can come camping with our family. You can come if she says it's OK with her. This is a non-count noun.

Correct answer: (a) permission

Your answer was: correct

why not: ,,...you can come to camp..'' instead of ,,..you can come camping..''?
thank you very much :)
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

come camping vs. come to camp #2 (permalink) Fri May 20, 2011 19:01 pm   come camping vs. come to camp

That would also be acceptable within this sentence, Saneta. Using it would place a greater emphasis on where you were going rather than on the activity (which is what the test version emphasises.)
Language Coach

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Everyone has their mobile phone | forwarded vs won
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Our dogs don't get along.Shall we call it a day? (meaning of this idiom)a straight answera parking spot / parking lotWhat does outfield mean?severalA sea lionDo it when I have time vs. do it until I have timeshe also volunteers at the police stationhe also sacked the entire department.a lot of people at the fundraiserThe meaning of a sentence??(have/has) not been living here for a long time