supplement
receipt
shelf
additive
restriction

hi, this is sai manoj, please give a review for the argument for greŽ

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member?
Hello! I'm from U.S., but my first language is russian | I'm Ivon Neh...
hi, this is sai manoj,  please give a review for the argument for gre #1 (permalink) Sun May 22, 2011 14:14 pm   hi, this is sai manoj, please give a review for the argument for gre

please tell me whether the content and length of the answer is sufficient.....

The following recommendation was made by the Human Resources Manager to the board of directors of the Fancy Toy Company.
"In the last three quarters of this year, under the leadership of our president, Pat Salvo, our profits have fallen considerably. Thus, we should ask for her resignation in return for a generous severance package. In Pat's place, we should appoint Rosa Winnings. Rosa is currently president of Starlight Jewelry, a company whose profits have increased dramatically over the past several years. Although we will have to pay Rosa twice the salary that Pat has been receiving, it will be well worth it because we can soon expect our profits to increase considerably."
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The author recommends replacement of the incumbent president Pat Salvo by Rosa winnings, president of Starlight Jewelry to augment the profits of the company. Though Rosa should be paid twice the above decision was drawn on the basis of loss incurred in the last three quarters of that year. Though the argument seems to be ostensibly apt, it is seriously flawed.
First of all, the conclusion was just drawn from the loss incurred in the last three quarters of that year which is a short time. There is a possibility that the president might have introduced new products and would need time to allure the public. Moreover Rosa is the president of a jewelry company, thus it cannot be assured that she would be able to fetch profits for a Fancy toy company.
In a company, the president cannot be solely blamed for the incurred loss as many other factors like marketing, competition etc also contribute for that. Moreover resignation cannot be a solution for such a problem. The service period and credentials of Pat should be considered and compared with that of Rosa. And Rosa would definitely need some time to get acquainted with new work style of Fancy toy company.
Thus deeper study should have been done by the Human Resource Manager before recommending the resignation of incumbent president as many other factors may have contributed for the fall in profit. Moreover immediate gains cannot be expected by substituting the incumbent president by a president of a jewelry company.
Saimanoj18

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
how speaks English fluently?hellow my dear i am samuel i can't understand some words bye byeA big warm hug for all!HI to all, i m new to thre forum, plz help n guide me well.....thanxHello I am newIntroductionGreetings from Indonesia! ^_^hiI am new memberI'm Annamaria Visagie from Namibia...I'm Frank Elysee from RwandaA suggestion for the administration of siteNew member and nervous interviewee