Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to restore to good condition; to restart; to resume; to refresh
renew
circumstance
style
cash
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

right elbow and left foot

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
asset pricing clearing??? | I'm through with you!
listening exercises
right elbow and left foot #1 (permalink) Sun May 22, 2011 15:04 pm   right elbow and left foot

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

56 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

Hello,

The correct answer isn't correct because the performer couldn't balance on his right elbow if his left foot wasn't on the floor. So he balances on his right knee and his left foot.

I hope you agree with me.

Kati Svaby

right elbow and left foot #2 (permalink) Sun May 22, 2011 17:11 pm   right elbow and left foot

Hello kati,

The performer is balanced on his right elbow and his left foot. (He isn't balancing on his knee).
I agree it would be clearer if the test said 'right elbow and left foot' but as the other options are clearly incorrect and as the performer is at least partially balanced on his right elbow, then the statement can be considered correct.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
right elbow and left foot #3 (permalink) Sun May 22, 2011 20:21 pm   right elbow and left foot

51 Listened

Hi Bz,

Confound it!
I focussed my attention on the picture and I didn't notice that I wrote knee
instead of elbow. Then are we agreeing in that: The performer is balances on his right elbow and his left hand.
Let he/she who is blameless cast the first stone.
I am sorry that you didn't think that it was a kind of typos.

Many thanks:
Kati

right elbow and left foot #4 (permalink) Sun May 22, 2011 20:27 pm   right elbow and left foot

48 Listened

BZ, you see, I am very troubled that I made again a typos. I correct right now: The performer balances on his right elbow and left foot.
Kati

asset pricing clearing??? | I'm through with you!
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
My dog loves to sleep vs. my dog loves sleepNo one likes embarrassing himselfdestroy the old, condemned housebe out that latehave let you borrow vs. let you borrowGet along...Go home for the day...Yes, I booked it already vs. I've already booked itSure, you are welcome to do that...How much do you want for it?Our dogs don't get along.Do you know when he'll be back?Shall we call it a day? (meaning of this idiom)