softly; in a low voice; without strength or force; weakly; into little pieces
directly
subjectively
small
nevertheless

Which one is correct?

Difference between anything and nothing | Sentence on prone
Which one is correct? #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 09, 2011 19:39 pm   Which one is correct?

I did some exercises and I found this answer quite confusing.
It's about tenses. Someone talked about something unbelievable and the sentence after this was: Yes, you _______ (hear) me correctly.
My answer was "heard" and it turned out to be correct. But since I guessed it I wonder if using present perfect is a correct solution? Why (not)?
Oh and there's another one:
The new shopping centre _________ (open) tomorrow.
"Opens" is the correct solution, because it's scheduled. Why not "is opening"? That would be a fixed arrangement then and it seems to be correct.
Cerise

Which one is correct? #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 09, 2011 20:08 pm   Which one is correct?

Are those questions from this site? If so, please can you provide a direct link to them so we can take a closer look.

(In fact, if they're online even if they aren't ours. a direct link would be useful.)
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Which one is correct? #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 09, 2011 20:15 pm   Which one is correct?

No, It was photocopied from an exercise book... unfortunately I don't know which one.
But the second sentence is from an exercise when you can use only future tenses and has no context.. if that helps?
I can write here the exercise where the first sentence is taken from though...
Cerise

Which one is correct? #4 (permalink) Thu Jun 09, 2011 21:12 pm   Which one is correct?

'Heard' is the past tense.
'You heard me correctly' - you heard me in the past (because I have now finished saying it).
That's the reason 'heard' is correct in your first sentence.

If you weren't limited to certain tenses, then 'opens' or 'is opening' would work with the second sentence - there's nothing wrong with either of them BUT as the instructions clearly stated that you were only allowed to use the future tense, then 'opens' is the obvious choice (unless 'will be opening' is also an option)
_________________

Which one is correct? #5 (permalink) Fri Jun 10, 2011 13:45 pm   Which one is correct?

Thank you. :) I get it.
Only one more question:
I know that present simple can be used when talking about future. ("opens")
But what about present continuous? I thought this one could also be used to talk about future...? When I say "I'm having lunch with him later" I'm talking about an arrangement in future.
Cerise

please,can you look this paragraphand correct itsign in and log inWhat are sheep dogs?lying down on his bedI hurt my ankle playing volleyballWhat does towels mean?What does the phase like up mean?If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around...What does 'pick someone up' mean?through with vs. finished withdifference between awake and wakeCompound subjectsIdiom: 'to pull one's leg'