Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

faithfulness; devotion; constancy
loyalty
finish
item
entrance
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does this mean?

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Question Related To Word -- Any | where did you come from?
listening exercises
What does this mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:46 am   What does this mean?

"What would you have me to do?"....

o.o I don't have idea what could it possibly mean xD
HumbertoDeOz
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does this mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm   What does this mean?

It means "What do you want me to do?", "What would you like me to do?".

In my opinion, a more correct formulation is "What would you have me do?" (i.e. without the word "to").
Dozy
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does this mean? #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2011 0:45 am   What does this mean?

Yes, it maybe was like that. I just heard the phrase in a movie and i wondered what it would mean xD... thanks!
HumbertoDeOz
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does this mean? #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:25 am   What does this mean?

HumbertoDeOz wrote:
Yes, it maybe was like that. I just heard the phrase in a movie and i wondered what it would mean xD... thanks!

What happens next usually involve something naughty.

now back to WoW!!!
Blue Ranger
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Question Related To Word -- Any | where did you come from?
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
start & beginnot: a ten-thousand-dollars/since 1980/already/slip/either/so well/hopes goI need you for a mintue :)Plural or Singular verbs and from or innot: known about/ to the most/discussed about/indifference on/Admittance fornot: twice older than/to rewrite M.A. thesis/successive daysDraw a connection between two historic facts.sit on seat vs sit in a seatGrammar ChickQuestion Related To Word -- AnyWhich tense is correct ?Matter of timescost of repairing vs. cost to repair