honesty; fairness; justice
breakdown
treaty
equity
possession

not/a carefully/never would meet/must have talked/was/friend's James/so soon as

not many | Why
not/a carefully/never would meet/must have talked/was/friend's James/so soon as #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2011 18:13 pm   not/a carefully/never would meet/must have talked/was/friend's James/so soon as

PLease correct errors in thick black letters:

1. After a carefully investigation, they soon discovered that the documents were hidden in one of the drawers of the desk of the chief's office.

2. If Dr Taylor had not attended the seminar, he never would meet his old friends Tom and Frank ,whom he had not seen for ages.

3. I must have talked to my boss last Friday night, but I came back home too late to call her.

4. They wish today was sunny so that they could spend the day in the country enjoying a lovely walk.

5.Andrew's new sports car must have cost much more than his friend's James.

6. David had such an enjoyable holiday in Italy last year that he would like to return so soon as he manages to save enough money.

Should it be:
1. careful
2. would never have met
3. had to talk
4. ?
5. friend's James'????
6. as
?????????
Thanks a lot.

not/a carefully/never would meet/must have talked/was/friend's James/so soon as #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2011 20:04 pm   not/a carefully/never would meet/must have talked/was/friend's James/so soon as

3. Your answer is reasonable, but what is expected is probably: should have talked / should have spoken.
4. There's nothing wrong with 'was' in modern English, but the correction is 'were' - it's a wish!
5. his friend, James's.

Your other corrections are good. :)
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
not many | Why
Comparison could you please check my text?present simple&progressive"have had" or "have been having"What's wrong with this sentence?histart & beginScoreI need you for a mintue :)Plural or Singular verbs and from or inbeforeSqueeze, press.broken-hearted vs. broken heartsGram: The last thing I had wanted to do...