excellent; having superior characteristics; fine
quality
second
recognizable
surface

Meaning of information and coverage is similar?

Why here commercials? | Meaning of 'bombarded'
Meaning of information and coverage is similar? #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:10 am   Meaning of information and coverage is similar?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #102 "Retirement Plans", question 5

Talk to your insurance agency about the ......... your plan provides.

(a) coverage
(b) information
(c) coverages
(d) equity

ESL/EFL Test #102 "Retirement Plans", answer 5

Talk to your insurance agency about the coverage your plan provides.

Correct answer: (a) coverage

Talk to your insurance agency about the information your plan provides.
_________________________

In my opinion, it seems that meaning of "information" and "coverage" is similar. Can you help me to clear it ?

Latinga
Latinga

Meaning of information and coverage is similar? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:56 am   Meaning of information and coverage is similar?

.
Coverage is the term in the insurance industry for the extent of protection afforded by an insurance policy.

An insurance plan does not provide information-- it provides coverage. An insurance agent, however, could provide information about the plan.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Idiom for performing in live theatre is "on stage"Future rules: What will you be doing this time tomorrow?They made their minds up and decidedSimple past vs. present perfectPresent perfect?Why do you use "towards" not "onto"?Difference between dying, living, legal?Meaning of leaseDifference between host and landlordMeaning of "bear down"Why peculiar and not typical?Can we say 'the routine can be killed'?Meaning of smart