financial obligation; debt; responsibility; obligation
liability
scratch
desk
existence

When to use 'off'?

'The largest jellyfish' vs 'The fastest jellyfish' | Difference between ridiculed and laughed at
When to use 'off'? #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 13, 2006 18:33 pm   When to use 'off'?

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", question 1

The board meeting was called ......... due to the sudden demise of the chief executive office.

(a) for
(b) off
(c) to
(d) out

ESL/EFL Test #84 "ESL Prepositions", answer 1

The board meeting was called off due to the sudden demise of the chief executive office.

Correct answer: (b) off

The board meeting was called out due to the sudden demise of the chief executive office.
_________________________

please explain to me when to use "off"?

ab
ab

When to use 'off'? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:04 am   When to use 'off'?

.
All of the prepositions in the answers to this test question have many uses, and all of them appear in idiomatic phrasal verbs like call off, which means cancel (an event).
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
When to use 'off'? #3 (permalink) Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:12 am   When to use 'off'?

i only got 3 in the test..hehhe...
Dodong

When to use 'off'? #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:25 pm   When to use 'off'?

You might find the answer here:

Code:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_to_use_off_in_a_sentence
Glady

Keep a check on stationery suppliespairs of sentencesfurther vs fartherDifference between above the law and over the law...He preys vs. he is preyingYou will lose all of that money!"Well, that's Kyle for you!"O, Oh, Ah, Huh...'Lowdown' vs 'Low down'What is downsizing means?"put the bite on me"What does this mean: Sing for my supper?pull up stake vs. pull up stakes