to transfer control from governmental to individual powers
identify
banquet
privatize
demand

idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people

Difference between aware and unaware | How does a Field Effect Transistor work?
idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 06, 2011 20:12 pm   idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people

I am wondering whether there is an english saying for the following:

1. It's about you cannot have two dominant persons in a given space or department as they tend to argue or fight

2. High profile people (eg politicians) are very likely to get attacked (so it's important to be humble)

Please let me know if there are any saying or idioms for the above.

Many thanks in advance. Much appreciated!
Koalachan

idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 06, 2011 21:18 pm   idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people

Hi.
For the first part, I think it is: One master in a house is enough .
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 06, 2011 21:24 pm   idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people

And for the second one, what about: A wolf in sheep's clothing. It is not that proper, is it?
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people #4 (permalink) Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:31 am   idiom about two dominant persons and high profile people

hi thanks pasban110....i like the first one! the second suggestion is more like having hidden malicious intent, isnt it?
Koalachan

Drag on???The meaning of 'official failure to hold those responsible to account'?Passive voiceI'm covering the phoneshe got a couple of things wrongthe fries a largeto hold the conference call/to change a meeting time?to hook up with sb/in an airportI heard he got a promotion at the Business News./catch upTOEICŪ listening part III, set 4, exercise 10:I'll be out of town Tuesday and Wednesday...How's your new building coming along?a special drink vs. a specialised drink