to cite; to state a price; to offer a price
delete
take
quote
accept

pizza pie

a five and five ones? | Slander
pizza pie #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:52 pm   pizza pie

TOEIC listening part III, set 7, exercise 9:
Hello? Yes, I'd like an order to be delivered.
Certainly. Our specials today are a large pepperoni and onions for $12, and a medium Canadian Bacon and pineapple for $9.
I think I'll have a large barbeque chicken and green peppers with extra cheese. And I'd like a side order of salad with a medium Sprite.
OK, that's one large chicken-green pepper pie extra cheese, with a salad and Sprite. And where are we taking that to today?

Why does the woman want to buy a pizza? (in the answers is: buy pizza, it should be: buy a pizza?)
And why are the man talking about a pie while the woman didn't say a word about it?

Thank You.

pizza pie #2 (permalink) Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:06 am   pizza pie

Both 'buy pizza' (that sort of foodstuff) and 'buy a pizza' (one instance of that sort of foodstuff) are OK.
A pizza is often called a 'pizza pie'.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
a five and five ones? | Slander
turned a profita graduate degreein over three weeksGullible peoplebody languageindex cardscall-waitinga long-distance carrierapartment complexesBecause, because, because, because, because!I love to watchHandles the delivery of...Into and onto