fleece from some animals; frizzy hair
litter
wool
gate
offset

call-waiting

a long-distance carrier | index cards
call-waiting #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 am   call-waiting

ESL/EFL Test #587 "Telecommunications (1)", question 7

I'm also going to get call-......... thrown into my phone package. That way, if I'm on the phone with someone, I'll hear a sound and know that someone else is trying to reach me. All you have to do is press one button to the put the first caller on hold in order to answer the second caller who is trying to get through. Modern conveniences are great.

(a) mobile
(b) waiting
(c) local
(d) hook-up

ESL/EFL Test #587 "Telecommunications (1)", answer 7

I'm also going to get call-waiting thrown into my phone package. That way, if I'm on the phone with someone, I'll hear a sound and know that someone else is trying to reach me. All you have to do is press one button to the put the first caller on hold in order to answer the second caller who is trying to get through. Modern conveniences are great.

Correct answer: (b) waiting
_________________________

There is one word ("the") too many.

I'm also going to get call-......... thrown into my phone package. That way, if I'm on the phone with someone, I'll hear a sound and know that someone else is trying to reach me. All you have to do is press one button to put the first caller on hold and answer the second caller who is trying to get through. Modern conveniences are great.
Licinio

Location: Bergamo, Italy

call-waiting #2 (permalink) Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 am   call-waiting

Yes - I spotted it when I corrected the last error and changed it.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
a long-distance carrier | index cards
turned a profita graduate degreein over three weeksGullible peoplebody languageSlandera five and five ones?pizza pieapartment complexesBecause, because, because, because, because!I love to watchHandles the delivery of...Into and onto