the external appearance as produced by garb or costume
crevasse
guise
scope
phonogram

SATŪ: what has changed in 15 years?

SAT Practice tests Increase your SAT test score with
plus 5.000 SAT word flash cards
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test
SATŪ Certificates | Question about spending: Money on an SATŪ prep review course.
SAT: what has changed in 15 years? #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:12 pm   SAT: what has changed in 15 years?

Short story: I took SAT a long time ago in early 1990s.

I received 540 for the English part and 760 for the Math part. I realize that the English score was rather average, but I had only taken English for a year at the time. ;)

Now I have been hearing that SAT has the infamous essay part.

What exactly is this essay part and who in the world has time to grade them?
Outofbreath

SAT: what has changed in 15 years? #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 24, 2006 19:33 pm   SAT: what has changed in 15 years?

The SAT not only has an essay part now, but the English portion puts less emphasis on vocabulary words and more on reading. It used to be possible to vastly improve one's SAT score by cramming vocabulary words, but this isn't true anymore, and reading ability is much more important.

The SAT essays are typical high school type essays. The College Board has its own people to grade them.

SAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 1002 free SAT Vocabulary TestsSAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise SAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportSAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential SAT vocabulary words you need to pass the SAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the SATŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on SAT Test Forums
SATŪ Prep Plan siteAnyone familiar with Sat2 questions and Barron or Princton Review book?SATŪ Test informationIm very worried and i have taken the SATŪ test..!My SATŪ scores: Critical reading 630!HELP! I took the PSAT though this year...SATŪ and A-level exams as English proficiency testsSample satŪ test without registrationShould anyone find good SATŪ exam in online?Should I give SATŪ again?How can I prepare for the SATŪ exam?PSAT practice tests?Tips for the SATŪ?