group of people who attend a seminar, a talk, etc.
border
rate
programmer
audience

at harvest time

Difference between I used to and I was used to? | I have a bad cold
at harvest time #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 06, 2011 13:46 pm   at harvest time

ESL/EFL Test #137 "Vocabulary Practice: Halloween (1)", question 10

Halloween is celebrated in the fall at ......... time. This is when the food, that farmers have planted and grown all summer long, is ready to be picked and eaten.

(a) sow
(b) harvest
(c) yard
(d) place

ESL/EFL Test #137 "Vocabulary Practice: Halloween (1)", answer 10

Halloween is celebrated in the fall at harvest time. This is when the food, that farmers have planted and grown all summer long, is ready to be picked and eaten.

Correct answer: (b) harvest

Halloween is celebrated in the fall at yard time. This is when the food, that farmers have planted and grown all summer long, is ready to be picked and eaten.
_________________________

I thought so harvest time is when we reap vegetal food. In the Czech republic it is since June to September maybe beginning of October.

Zbyněk
Zbyněk

at harvest time #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 06, 2011 14:04 pm   at harvest time

I agree that harvest time varies from coutry to country, but nonetheless it's the only sensible option in this sentence.
Your choice - yard time - would make sense if the sentence was about prison for example (yard time is the time of the day inmates get to spend in the prison yard).
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
for startersall the time he's taking it all in.One more newcomer…Money is a non-count noun.Did you hearcould you explain to me the difference between bring to and bring overMeaning of eagerMeaning of "executive assistant"Meaning of striding?Less expensiveTalk to vs. talk aboutLittle more detailMeaning of 'ape'