to confirm the truth of something
hide
verify
pitch
consume

all the time he's taking it all in.

could you explain to me the difference between bring to and bring over | Meaning of striding?
all the time he's taking it all in. #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 07, 2011 20:32 pm   all the time he's taking it all in.

Hello

Can somebody please explain me what does this part : "all the time he's taking it all in."
mean in below sentence?

"He sometimes pretends he can't hear a single word you are saying but all the time he's taking it all in."
Leszek Jaszczak

all the time he's taking it all in. #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 07, 2011 20:37 pm   all the time he's taking it all in.

"To take in" here means "to understand/comprehend".
I hope it makes sense to you now.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
all the time he's taking it all in. #3 (permalink) Wed Sep 07, 2011 20:40 pm   all the time he's taking it all in.

Yes!:) now I understand it
Thank You I am new here ...:)

You are very fast:)
Leszek Jaszczak

all the time he's taking it all in. #4 (permalink) Wed Sep 07, 2011 20:41 pm   all the time he's taking it all in.

Leszek Jaszczak wrote:
Yes!:) now I understand it
Thank You I am new here ...:)

Welcome to the forums. :))
_________________

Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4for startersI have a bad coldOne more newcomer…at harvest timeMoney is a non-count noun.Did you hearMeaning of eagerDifference between I used to and I was used to?Meaning of "get stuck to the skin"Meaning of "executive assistant"Meaning of 'ape'Now over to our reporter