Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

big; enormous; wide; spacious; famous
intent
acquainted
interior
large
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
for starters | It's no good crying over spilled milk
listening exercises
Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4 #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:48 am   Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #295 "English Slang Idioms (17)", question 4

I really messed with his ......... cow when I said that guns should not be sold or owned anywhere in America.

(a) milk
(b) brown
(c) sacred
(d) Hereford

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #295 "English Slang Idioms (17)", answer 4

I really messed with his sacred cow when I said that guns should not be sold or owned anywhere in America.

Correct answer: (c) sacred

Your answer was: incorrect
I really messed with his milk cow when I said that guns should not be sold or owned anywhere in America.

what does it mean? sacred?
Paulus2
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4 #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 am   Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4

You can look up the meaning in a Learner's Dictionary, then let us know if you have problems understanding the definition.
Language Coach

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
for starters | It's no good crying over spilled milk
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
all the time he's taking it all in.I have a bad coldOne more newcomer…Money is a non-count noun.could you explain to me the difference between bring to and bring overArresting the reporter?Meaning of "get stuck to the skin"Meaning of "to cry out for"Meaning of striding?Have vs. have gotMeaning of 'ape'Now over to our reporterDifference between hear and listen to