big; enormous; wide; spacious; famous
intent
acquainted
interior
large

Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4

for starters | It's no good crying over spilled milk
Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4 #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:48 am   Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4

I really messed with his ......... cow when I said that guns should not be sold or owned anywhere in America.

(a) milk
(b) brown
(c) sacred
(d) Hereford

I really messed with his sacred cow when I said that guns should not be sold or owned anywhere in America.

Correct answer: (c) sacred

I really messed with his milk cow when I said that guns should not be sold or owned anywhere in America.
_________________________

what does it mean? sacred?
Paulus2

Location: Indonesia

Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4 #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 am   Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4

You can look up the meaning in a Learner's Dictionary, then let us know if you have problems understanding the definition.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
all the time he's taking it all in.I have a bad coldOne more newcomer…Money is a non-count noun.could you explain to me the difference between bring to and bring overArresting the reporter?Meaning of "get stuck to the skin"Meaning of "to cry out for"Meaning of striding?Have vs. have gotMeaning of 'ape'Now over to our reporterDifference between hear and listen to