answer; response
plug
reply
trade
senior

He is a/the son of...

English: too many identical meaning words. | Is it correct to use was in the sentence?
He is a/the son of... #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 am   He is a/the son of...

OK, let's say that the Browns have only one son and I know it. Now, if I say that "he is a son of the Browns", rather than "the son", even though I know there's no other son, would it be a mistake?

Of course I mean the first time he's mentioned in the conversation.
Jaro7788

Location: Poland

He is a/the son of... #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 13, 2011 18:00 pm   He is a/the son of...

He is the Brown's son.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
strong headedHow much did you pay?wouldn't hadHaving scored...Adverb positionI got some problems when I made comments on someone's essay. Help me ......Little more thanpractice/custom?direct/indirect speechWhat is the meaning of [b]'out of[/b]' and how do you know that?qoute passageWhich is correct?Thouroughly